Skip to content

Vehicle anti-grief Phase 3 Complete!

Chat about everything Exile
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Online User avatar Omen Site Admin

@ynpmoose just finished up Phase 3 of the anti-grief script.

Here are the details of how the anti-grief script works and at the same time removes the care-bear aspect that Phase 1 and Phase 2 had.

On restart, all of your vehicles that are locked and in a territory that you have build rights to are indestructible until....

1) Someone unlocks your vehicle (if they know the code and borrow your ride, it then becomes vulnerable to damage)
2) When you log into the server ALL of YOUR vehicles are instantly vulnerable and stay that way until server restart.

So...you will probably want to limit how many vehicles you have as it will be a tasty target to some people. Be prepared to defend your base if you have a bunch of vehicles.
User avatar Harlock

Any plans to contact the Exile devs to share the code?
User avatar ynpmoose Exile Admin / Scripter

Harlock wrote:
Any plans to contact the Exile devs to share the code?
I plan on posting the info the Exile Mod forums. What they do with it is up to them. They might even be able to make it better.

Now you see why your bus fence won't work. :D
User avatar Harlock

You just got scared ;)

User avatar Vycore Exile Admin

ynpmoose wrote:
Aaannd it's up!

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/11522-veh ... on-system/
Awesome, now you have to support it :)

Thats a damn good looking thread too. Nice work moose!

I was browsing the Exile forum post of this script and I dont think we can actually improve on the functionality of it. I am trying to think of ways we can improve on this, but I dont think we can. This is pretty much feature complete. Still impressed you were able to turn our idea into a reality in such a short time.

Omen wrote:
I was browsing the Exile forum post of this script and I dont think we can actually improve on the functionality of it. I am trying to think of ways we can improve on this, but I dont think we can. This is pretty much feature complete. Still impressed you were able to turn our idea into a reality in such a short time.
The last post over there was someone questioning why this isn't part of core Exile. Lol. It would be awesome if the Exile dev team incorporated my code!

I'm learning more and more about the code used by Amra and Exile and am looking forward to creating some even more adventurous features. I'm currently working on 2 more possible changes. :)
User avatar Vycore Exile Admin

I really do think we will have something unique that will benefit the Exile community. Keep up the good work guys. Omen, is this what you thought it would be this early in the game?

Vy
10 posts Page 1 of 1