Skip to content

Lockpicking With Laptops

Chat about everything Exile
33 posts Page 1 of 4
User avatar Omen Site Admin

Here is how the system works.

You must have a laptop to hack a safe. Walk up to any locked safe and scroll on the safe and select Hack Safe.

You will sit down with your laptop and the hacking will begin.

Once you start hacking, an announcement will be made to the server that there is hacker activity and a marker will be placed at your location for everyone to see.

So be ready to defend yourself from people who want to protect that safe, people who want to get the contents of the safe after you hack it or from people who just want to see bloodshed!

The hacking will take 20 minutes to complete with a 20% chance of failure.

A territory can be successfully hacked a maximum of 2 times per server restart.

There must be a minimum of (10 altis || 6 tanoa) players online for hacking to be enabled.

Once a safe is hacked, it will be unlocked. You will not be given the code.

Grinding has been removed for now.

To grind locked doors, you need a grinder and batteries. Batteries seem to die so you will need a few on you to do it. It takes about 30 minutes to grind a lock.

You will see a progress bar for the lock grinding appear on the locked gate.

Looping

hey omen, the safes u r hacking are fm my base...not funny, am away fm game due to surgery...then when i return i will have nothing left...thanks vm...

Looping wrote:
hey omen, the safes u r hacking are fm my base...not funny, am away fm game due to surgery...then when i return i will have nothing left...thanks vm...
lol the safes that were used were probably from your base but they are on the development server. Your safes on the live server were never touched by me :)

get well soon
Looping

lol....thanks....any possibility to secure my base fm any raid till i am back fm my recovery?

Looping wrote:
lol....thanks....any possibility to secure my base fm any raid till i am back fm my recovery?
I can try keeping an eye on it from our base since we are neighbors and if we see any hacking attempts we can investigate. Nothing I can do to force it to be invulnerable or unhackable. When do you expect to return? I can try and pay the rent if you believe you will be longer than 2 weeks.
Looping

thks, i just paid 2 days ago, i log out in office, so i can log in fast n pay in due time...long recovery due to shouler surgery...only one arm available for next 6 weeks min...
User avatar Vycore Exile Admin

Hang in there, quick recovery indeed.

Vy
Looping

tks...will be back stronger
Diesel

Def not a fan, especially since I can't be online all the time, even more so with school coming up. Anyway to change this so you can only hack if the owner is present?
Looping

yes being present will at least allow us to defend fm the raid
Last edited by Looping on Thu May 19, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
33 posts Page 1 of 4