Skip to content

Combat log and name change

Report cheaters here. Please provide proof, preferably video.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Cush

I don't like reporting players normally but this caused a problem during our fight yesterday. The short of it is QiQin(A) combat logged during the fight with us and his guys and during this time changed his name to Voiecwis (or something along those lines). This is a seriously dirty move and basically turned the tides of the fight as he was able to relog on top of us after which I assume NPC had told him where we were.
User avatar Nutt Exile Admin

Video of this would help greatly. He is part of a group of Chinese players that often have disconnects and such so would love to verify guid's of logged out logged in players. A time would help as well.

Nutt
Dave Thorman

hello dave thorman of the sticky bandits. we have been clashing with this group aswell and i dont have him combat logging or anything but i have screenshots of him logged on as a different name (notsx). i am sure it was him as he was attacking our base from the same spot in some rocks in the water that he was attacking us from a few hours prior we chased him off and he then logged on as notsx i assume to not tip us off that he might be coming.it does prove he is changing his name to avoid people being suspicious. and im sure you could find it in the logs on him connecting with different names not sure if thats against the rules or not but it is a shitty thing to do either way. my friends have also informed me that they have been camped by them in safezone before but we have no video of it.
http://imgur.com/WZGOeVu

http://imgur.com/1mYLfqP
User avatar ynpmoose Exile Admin / Scripter

Changing your name isn't against the rules and doesn't really impact them attacking you. The only thing it really does is mask who you need to retaliate against for a future fight.

Combat logging is a violation of the rules. If he really was waiting to come back after getting intel, that's even worse in my opinion, although this piece of the accusation is somewhat difficult to prove. I know he loses connection a lot and many of us experience game crashes, 3 FPS bug, etc. that require a re-log to correct. If one of the admins sees him in-game, we will warn him about this combat logging behavior.

Edit: I can confirm that Jouk, Voiefwis, Notsx, and QiQing are linked to the same Arma 3 account, so it wasn't a different player that happened to login in that area.
Jon

Can someone clarify what combat logging is? I assume you mean logging out in combat to avoid getting killed?
User avatar Turazo

Jon wrote:
Can someone clarify what combat logging is? I assume you mean logging out in combat to avoid getting killed?
hehehehe.... I was kind of afraid to ask, but now I see that I'm not the only one who doesn't know :roll:

WTF is combat logging?? :mrgreen:
User avatar ynpmoose Exile Admin / Scripter

Jon wrote:
Correct.
7 posts Page 1 of 1