Skip to content

Crashed Huron due to server crash

Chat about everything Exile
8 posts Page 1 of 1
CR8Z

Hi there,

I was told that I could post here to request a poptab refund if we lose a vehicle due to a server crash.

Unfortunately, I did not have Instant Replay enabled, though I have it now.

I do have a screenshot (attached) and CapStar was on with me when it happened. He said that he has an Instant Replay with my voice confirming the loss of the bird.

It's only 60,000 poptabs, so I understand if there is little you can do, but it would help ease the pain of losing the building crate I had onboard.

Thanks in advance!

User avatar CapStar362

i have 3rd party audio of this even if needed....as verification
User avatar ynpmoose Exile Admin / Scripter

Hit me up in game and I can give you the tabs easy.
CR8Z

Thanks, bud. I'll keep an eye out.

I also have this matter of a lost Blackfish...

Only it isn't actually lost. I know exactly where it is!

It went down the day after my Huron because of a server glitch. The server didn't go down, but it stalled, popped my buddy and I (Bigwill) out of the bird and into the ocean. This was yesterday, Saturday night.

I still don't have the Instant Replay thing figured out, but I got screenshots!

You can see here that the Blackfish is still up, unlocked and located at coords 255 255.

I checked there, and those things don't float. Yet it still shows as intact on the server. I'm guessing it's at the bottom of the ocean somehow. I'll never understand this game. I'm guessing I could don scuba gear and go check it out, but I'm pretty sure it would explode as soon as I tried to get in the pilot seat.

If anybody reading this tries it, let me know! It's unlocked!

Here is another screenshot of the coord location on the map showing that it's open water.

I don't usually ask for stuff, and I'll appreciate whatever I can get.

I'd only ask for legit shit, but I also understand that it's just Arma.

Thanks again, bro!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:43 amCR8Z wrote:
Thanks, bud. I'll keep an eye out.

I also have this matter of a lost Blackfish...

Only it isn't actually lost. I know exactly where it is!

It went down the day after my Huron because of a server glitch. The server didn't go down, but it stalled, popped my buddy and I (Bigwill) out of the bird and into the ocean. This was yesterday, Saturday night.

I still don't have the Instant Replay thing figured out, but I got screenshots!

You can see here that the Blackfish is still up, unlocked and located at coords 255 255.

I checked there, and those things don't float. Yet it still shows as intact on the server. I'm guessing it's at the bottom of the ocean somehow. I'll never understand this game. I'm guessing I could don scuba gear and go check it out, but I'm pretty sure it would explode as soon as I tried to get in the pilot seat.

If anybody reading this tries it, let me know! It's unlocked!

Here is another screenshot of the coord location on the map showing that it's open water.

I don't usually ask for stuff, and I'll appreciate whatever I can get.

I'd only ask for legit shit, but I also understand that it's just Arma.

Thanks again, bro!
This is awesome. :) I can try to use free-roam camera to attempt to locate it.
User avatar CapStar362

i have video of its location and demise when we flew by it just last server cycle ( 07-10 @ 11P-3A Cycle )

uploading now........

DONE

https://youtu.be/yFEpE9JUv5o

lol, that was weird, that V44 sat there suspended in the air for 3 server cycles, and then just decided to go "splash" only when we approached it !!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:18 amCapStar362 wrote:
i have video of its location and demise when we flew by it just last server cycle ( 07-10 @ 11P-3A Cycle )

uploading now........

DONE

https://youtu.be/yFEpE9JUv5o

lol, that was weird, that V44 sat there suspended in the air for 3 server cycles, and then just decided to go "splash" only when we approached it !!
Lol, yeah vehicles spawn in their last recorded location, which was clearly mid-air, however, ArmA "simulation" or animation doesn't occur until someone is close enough. That one might be gone forever now.
User avatar CapStar362

it was mid air due to a server crash as CR8z states.... and yes i was present for this event
8 posts Page 1 of 1