Safe Zone Camping - What to do when it happens to you

Skip to content

Safe Zone Camping - What to do when it happens to you

Chat about everything Exile
19 posts Page 1 of 2
User avatar Omen Site Admin

This was brought up a few times, so here are my recommendations.

There really aren't any rules for safe zone camping due to a few reasons.

We have extended safe zones which are an attempt to combat that. Details here

There are multiple safe zones and even custom safe zones allowing people the opportunity to trade at more than the default locations. Just think if there were only the 3 default traders to choose from.

You can enter and leave safe zones from 360 degrees. You are not forced to enter and exit the exact same way every time. If there is a trouble area, try to avoid it by leaving on the other side. Their base has to be, at a minimum, 1k from the safe zone so leaving on the other side, low, should keep you somewhat safe. You are protected for another 800m so they will be at least 1800m - 2km if you leave on the other side. Adapt to the situation.

Make them waste their ammo. Fly to the edge of the safe zone and let them shoot you and not take damage. Let them waste rockets. Fly back to the center of the safe zone and reset your 2 minute protection time.

Fight back. Someone being an annoyance? pummel them with your group. Mash them into the ground relentlessly. Don't let them take a breath without someone down their throat attacking them at their base. Plus it's free PVP fun times.

This is something that really cant be policed all the time, and really shouldn't be with all of the ways you can avoid being safe zone camped. Exile is an open world sand box survival game that allows you to change to the environment you find yourself in one way or another. Assess, adapt, survive.

Hope this helps.
User avatar CapStar362

the problem is, they catch you with rockets on the ground and in the air as you LEAVE the zone. they have bases well within 3km of the rocket targeting range. they have bases on all 3 ground sides of the AF Trader which everyone who is new chooses to spawn at.

i know ive been a serious PITA about this, because ive seen new players come in, get killed after they just bought new stuff for the first time, only to just for a few seconds leave the Safe Zone and BOOM...... rocketed from one of the 3 bases surrounding the AF Trader.

these new players immediately get pissed, and disconnect, never to return. i could count at least 6 potential new players to the server that have rage quit to this very scenario. 6 potentially new recruits for families and overall server population.

The server population on Chenarus when the rules were in place was higher, the Altis regular pop was higher, now, because people have built bases right up against the safe zone and extended safe zones, and have full complete 360 degree coverage of the entire area with rockets and heavy sniper rifles, no one wants to stay when they are killed in less than 10 minutes of even being a new person on the server.

When the rules were in place, people at least knew that they have a better than 50/50 chance of making out of the safe zone, into the massive areas around and getting away to do their own thing.

Omen, i have asked you personally about helping you enforce the rules, it seems that went into the wind. but if you want more population, this is whats being asked. This is also what is being discussed among the families in other TS and Discord servers.... to control the spawn camping, and i would GLADLY give some of my time at helping fix this.

This is the issue, this is whats causing the new people to leave and only us few regulars ( Banzore, Iunno, BRASILLLL, SSC, and the rest of the families ) even consider staying because we have been here for multiple hundreds of hours already.

me personally, almost 50% of my TOTAL ARMA time played since ive owned the game, has been in Zero Survival servers.

honestly, it makes me cringe when i see these new players rage quit and its still just us "regulars"

id honestly even forget asking for armed helis, in place of at least control the spawn camping.
User avatar Omen Site Admin

Moose may be able to increase the extended safe zone. having 5k+ visibility sure doesnt help.
User avatar CapStar362

no, letting these fuck tard assholes play the game like this against the way you USED To run a popular server is what needs to happen.

im sick of this......... im going to O3G. where they actually have admins that help the majority population.
User avatar Carlos Marighella

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:59 amCapStar362 wrote:
no, letting these fuck tard assholes play the game like this against the way you USED To run a popular server is what needs to happen.

im sick of this......... im going to O3G. where they actually have admins that help the majority population.
No not be upset, one day the other hunter's hunting
User avatar wastedpotential

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 amCarlos Marighella wrote:

Brazil you guys and your trolling and glitching stop starting shit
User avatar Carlos Marighella

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:03 amwastedpotential wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:44 amCarlos Marighella wrote:

Brazil you guys and your trolling and glitching stop starting shit

oH man , no glitchs , no trolling , no cry ... it's just a game , FUN
User avatar wastedpotential

How dumb you think i am i have over 2000 hours in arma . I know what's possible in arma and whats not
User avatar CapStar362

and i have 1000 hours, i also know whats possible and not possible, like that drive from Kavala to AF Trader in under 3 minutes? utter BS
User avatar Scyth3

I was present also when they traveled to trader from Kavala in under 2 mins, whilst looking there bodys again. its BS but then again this comes down to an active admin watching
19 posts Page 1 of 2